Today we’re not featuring an individual video but rather giving you a few tips for making your Project for Awesome video, well, awesome.
1. Try not to make your video too long. People are going to be watching a ton of videos on the 17th, and they don’t want to sit through a rambly, unedited vlog for ten minutes. Keep your video short and to the point so that people will watch the whole thing and learn all about your cause. A good length to aim for is 2 - 4 minutes, unless you have such compelling content that it just needs to be longer.
2. Try not to spend too much time explaining what the Project for Awesome is. Most people watching your video will already know, so just put an explanation in the description as well as a link to www.projectforawesome.com, and people who stumble across your video can read that to learn all about it.
3. Similarly, don’t spend too much time promoting your own channel in your video. One or two sentences is fine to explain the type of videos you make if they’re different from what you’re doing for your P4A video, but much more than that and it just looks like you’re using the Project to help promote yourself, which isn’t what this is all about.
4. Long gone are the days when putting an image in the exact middle of your video would always be the thumbnail. If you can’t upload your own custom thumbnail, consider putting the logo for the P4A in the corner of your whole video so that no matter what thumbnail YouTube’s algorithms choose, the logo is always there.
5. We can’t feature your video if we can’t find it! Put Project for Awesome 2012 or P4A 2012 in the title of your video as well as phrases like “Project for Awesome 2012” and “P4A2012” in the tags. Be sure to also submit your video to the Project for Awesome website on December 17th so we can browse through them all in one place.
We hope these tips were helpful for you. Now get off Tumblr and go make your Project for Awesome video!
**If you missed the thumbnails yesterday, you can download them now from this Tumblr post**
- caxsry14 reblogged this from projectforawesome
- caxsry14 likes this
- poetpiratepest likes this
- thoughtsfromplacesblog likes this
- twitchyteleporter reblogged this from projectforawesome
- twitchyteleporter likes this
- radicalstarlight likes this
- whereismy-supersuit likes this
- surprisinglyswishi reblogged this from allonsyforever
- princessof-anything reblogged this from compasses-guide-ships-home
- compasses-guide-ships-home reblogged this from allonsyforever
- compasses-guide-ships-home likes this
- monalisamarie likes this
- itstimeforasmile likes this
- scribblesandscrabble reblogged this from allonsyforever
- allonsyforever reblogged this from projectforawesome
- allonsyforever likes this
- violetisturningviolet likes this
- whoknowsheregoes likes this
- luciferisourking likes this
- mcqueenss likes this
- dragonsgorawr likes this
- hedied4us reblogged this from projectforawesome
- hedied4us likes this
- stygiandawn likes this
- margaybookworm likes this
- thetardisound likes this
- itsmg likes this
- monsterdollies likes this
- the--lord reblogged this from projectforawesome
- nina-the-octopus-with-no-arms likes this
- vvodkaa likes this
- caradurnin reblogged this from fishingboatproceeds
- your--littlebird likes this
- iamamywaterhouse reblogged this from edwardspoonhands
- theultimatejeremy reblogged this from effyeahnerdfighters
- popcornmovietime likes this
- firewordsparkler likes this
- there-was-a-girl likes this
- patronusjohn likes this
- patronusjohn reblogged this from projectforawesome
- misterjoobear reblogged this from projectforawesome
- beingthelightinthedarkness reblogged this from projectforawesome
- beingthelightinthedarkness likes this
- thefluffyarcanine reblogged this from projectforawesome
- glass-valley reblogged this from projectforawesome
- mattstartsomething likes this
- theunfler likes this
- a-red-panda likes this